We lost far too much and far too many this past year.
We mourn so many people who gave so much to all of us:
|(L. to R, top to bottom) John Glenn, Muhammed Ali, Gene
Wilder, David Bowie, Gwen Ifill, Leonard Cohen,
- Alan Rickman
- Alan Thicke
- David Bowie
- Gene Wilder
- Gordie Howe
- Gwen Ifill
- Harper Lee
- John Glenn
- Jon Polito
- Kevin Meaney
- Leonard Cohen
- Muhammed Ali
- Patti Duke
- Robert Vaughn
- Ron Glass
- Sharon Jones
- Toots Thielemans
- Zsa Zsa Gabor
- … and to many more
We Lost or Are Losing
We’ve lost or are losing:
- Our collective minds
- Some of our humanity
- Our hope
- Distinction, professionalism, compassion, elegance, competence, and intelligence in the Oval Office
- Some freedoms
- Some privacy
- Some independence
Wishes and Hopes for 2017, in No Particular Order
|One of too many imbeciles|
- I hope our new president starts no new wars.
- I wish for a few common sense laws being passed.
- I wish we could find common ground on critical issues.
- I hope our president-elect doesn’t say and do too many stupid things. What “too many” means will, I’m sure, change over time.
- I hope we continue to fight for what we believe is right and to step up when we see imbeciles acting intemperately, crassly, meanly, or just plain cruelly.
- I wish the world cuts us a bit of slack and understands that the absurd buffoon in the Oval Office doesn’t represent us as a people.
- I wish my family and friends experience good health all year through.
- I hope our children can find happiness, comfort, and peace now and always.
- I hope to continue to watch my grandchildren grow bigger, stronger, and more intelligent with each passing day.
And I wish you and yours a happy, healthy, prosperous, and conflict-free 2017.